September 7, 2010

Beachy Towel Hooks

When I moved into my newly purchased trailer, it came with no towel bars or hooks. It is a double wide, and therefore came with a master suite complete with spa tub. Although I would have rather had more storage or vanity space, alas, they would not remove the spa tub.

Being the DIY Queen of Everything Simple, I am doing this simple project for The September Party over at DIYCLUBINC.com


DIY Club


My idea for my master suite bath was to give it a beachy theme in memory of all the Christmas Vacations we have taken over the years to the beach. I have many beach and ocean decor, so thought this would be the perfect venue to showcase these trinkets.

My delima started when I began looking for towel bars, they were simple, non descript, except for the few "shell" design ones.Yuck! I was perusing the summer flip flop isle at my fav local Wally World. Wonder if corporate knows everyone calls them that?

Anyway, it dawned on me that with a simple hook, I could turn these cutie childrens flip flops into hooks and use these instead of towel bars. My inspiration also came from Darling Daughter who showed me this adorable needlework she is doing for my spa bath....a cross stitched lineup of kid flip flops. When she finishes it, I have the perfect spot for it! Hint, hint.

Back to the flip flops. I bought 3 pair, some white hooks, and my fave of all Gorilla Glue. The mother of all glues. Use it sparingly, it has a tendency to e-x-p-a-n-d and make a goopy glob.


I glued the hook to the flip flop, for extra stability, then screwed the whole thing to the wall. Easy Peasy, Simple as dimples!

Thanks! Gorilla Glue!
”DIY


Enjoy!


A fun Blog Hop! join in!